Thread Lift Frequently asked questions
What will I look like after the procedure?
Compared with traditional face lift – which leaves visible changes and wellhidden but clear scars,
Tthread lift does not leave scars or alter the face's original features. You will look like on the pictures of yourself several years ago.
What are the recommendations to be followed after thread lift?
Is the treatment painful?
The procedure is not painful. The treatment is performed under local anaesthesia, giggle gas is available to help with patient anxiety. You're in very experience and caring hands.
The procedure does not leave scars, is short and needs minimum of downtime.
Are there any contraindications to thread lift?
.● Allergy to plastic, biomaterial, non-absorbable fillers● Active acne or skin infection● Keloid predisposition● Auto-immune diseases: scleroderma, sarcoidosis, amyloidosis, etc.● Anti-coagulant medication: coumarin & heparin (aspirin?)● Haemophilia● Hypertension, stages 2 and 3● Severe diseases● Collagenosis● Neurological and mental disorders● Pregnancy, brreastfeeding● Malignancy/Chemotherapy● Hepatitis B & C, HIV● Porphyria
What happens immediately after the treatment?
Who can provide thread lift?
Only doctors trained in APTOS METHODS are authorized to implement the treatment.
What must be done before the treatment?
- No special preparation is required prior to APTOS thread lift.
- However, it is recommended to discuss your expectations and ask your doctor any questions you have before starting treatment.
- Inform the doctor of any treatment you have already received and of any medicines you are currently taking.
What are the indications for thread lift?
Am I a candidate for thread lift?
Does the procedure change the facial features?
Unlike traditional surgical facelifts APTOS threads rejuvenate the face without changing your natural features. Usally soft tissues are just repositioned to their original location. After a thread lift you can typically expect to look like you did several years ago.
Can threads be used in complete safety?
- It has been more than 21 years since the first APTOS thread and method has been introduced to the aesthetic world. It was first developed in 1996 by Dr. Marlen Sulamanidze.
- APTOS threads are currently marketed in more than 50 countries. More than a million threads are sold all over the world.
- APTOS products comply with the requirements of European Pharmacopoeia. Products have a CE mark and the production is certified according to ISO 13485, that guarantees the quality throughout the entire manufacturing process.
- As there is no cutting of the skin and only a local anaesthetic is used, the procedure is considered less complicated than a full surgical face
What are the threads made of?
APTOS threads are made of both non-absorbable (polypropylene) and absorbable (poly-L-lactic acid + caprolactone) material. Polypropylene threads are used in surgery for more than 50 years. Polylactic threads are composed of fully absorbable, non-allergic material used in medicine for many years.
Threads provide double action: lifting and rejuvenation.
Aptos Threads have specially designed barbs that provide soft grip on surrounding tissues. As absorbable threads dissolve naturally, the skin starts to produce more collagen which gives a longer-lasting result. Over time they improve skin tone, texture, colour and hydration.
Describe your image